Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hair Journey Update !!

Let's talk PrePoo... 


Along this journey.. I've noticed that keeping moisture in my hair is the hardest part! It's like my hair just soaks in moisture && then gets dry shortly after!!

So I've added a few things to my regimen... (have I posted that yet.. *scans blog* .. I'll have to get that up for you guys!)

The first thing I've added to my regimen is a prepoo! So on a wash or co-wash day, before I get started, I mix:

  1. Conditioner [Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner]
  2. Honey
  3. Coconut Oil
  4. Avocado Oil
  5. Grape Seed Oil 
The best things about this prepoo is that it is ridiculously moisturizing.. it leaves my hair feeling so soft, its kind of a self detangler! I've noticed that there are almost NO tangles in my hair afterwards! Also it leaves the hair with a nice shine.. not greasy shine.. but more lustrous! I'm loving it totally!!

The second thing that I've added to my regimen is castor oil! I oil my scalp with it once a week.. I also apply it to my ends! Castor oil is supposed to stimulate hair growth and improve the scalp! So I'll have to let you all know in an upcoming post how this is working out for me!!

Till then.. HHG loves!!

xxo

2 comments:

  1. So you tried the honey with your pre-poo!!!! Glad you like it! I am going to use an actual avocado on my next pre-poo!

    Castor Oil also thickens your hair. I love it! I add it to my protein treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you inspired me to try it!! And I loove it!! Smells good & my hair loves it too! A real avocado is a good alternative to the oil.. keep me posted on how that works out for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete