Friday, April 1, 2011

HAIR DOWN MY BACK!!!

SO In efforts to not make my last post infinitely long.. I split my hair buzz in 2 and decided to do another post in more depth about my hair journey!

So while searching Youtube for some sisters who look like me with hair care channels.. I stumbled upon two ladies that I'm looooving right now! The first girl.. lead me to the second lady that I will be telling you about!

First there was UloveMegz!!

When I found her.. I was like super pumped bc her hair looks EXACLTY like mine as far as texture and the way it looks once it's relaxed! (My hair is NOT this long.. it's between shoulder & arm-pit length!) So I got TONS of great hair care adivce from her as well as product reviews and style tips! Plus she's so prettly & her voice is too cute! Here is one of her videos on her hair journey...


So from this UloveMegz video...

That's how I discovered kISSseventyseven (Traycee)!!

Traycee also has a youtube channel.. but she is also the creator of a hair care social network K.I.S.S. or Keep It Simple Sista!! Traycee was just a normal girl who wanted to maintain healthy hair.. & like most of us had the run in with the beautician that chopped more than a few inches from her hair! She decided to take over her own hair care... & well the rest is history! Traycee has  WAIST LENGTH hair.. Let me repeat that.. WAIST LENGTH HAIR!! And she's 100% African American! So ladies.. we can do this!!! Here is one of Traycee's videos discussing how she got started on her hair journey!


I have since subbed to both of their youtube channels as well as their blogs & I've joined K.I.S.S. Kiss has 20,000+ members that support each other with the healthy maintenance of black hair & the growth of it!

My loves.. if you're African American and female struggling with your hair.. these ladies are an excellent example of what you can do! You need to know that BLACK HAIR CAN GROW... LONG!! And more importantly.. you can do this yourself! All it takes is a little edu.. patience & effort!!

I'm sooo happy and excited about my hair journey and i wanted to share with you all some ladies with great information and advice that I have discovered recently & also provide you with some inspiration.. for those of you who are on your hair journey or want to start a hair journey of your own!!

The Links You NEED!!! :

Megz Blog: ulovemegz.com
Megz Youtube: ulovemegz

Traycee's Blog: KeepItSimpleSista
Traycee's Youtube: KISSseventyseven
Join Traycee's Social Network: K.I.S.S.

xxo

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sis.... Love your post and thank you for featuring me on your blog... I think it is great that you are spreading knowledge... Much blessing to you on your hair journey .. I'm about to get comfortable and read some of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for checking out my post.. && my blog as well!! I've become so excited && engrossed in my hair journey.. that I hope to share that same excitement with others, just as you ladies have done for me! I'm so glad you loved the post && really hope you enjoy the rest of the blog!! :))
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this blog is so inspiringg.. i`ve been interested in growing my hair too and discovered ulovemegz and traycee a while ago and even joined her site.. so thank you for this post b/c now i can wait to get started :)

    april ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks so much chica!! Thats exactly what I've hoped to do in posting this.. Get another girl as excited and inspired as I have been!! HHJ!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete