Friday, April 1, 2011

Hair & Health Journey UPDATE!!!

Hey guys.. I'm back to give you a few updates on the hair & health journey that I started a few weeks ago...

1. I finished Dr.Susan Taylor's book Brown Skin... 

          It was a great read & very informative on maintaining healthy brown skin, hair & nails! She gave information on a lot of skin conditions for women of color.. eczema, acne, hyperpigmentation etc. She also covered all stages of life.. aging.. pregnancy & baby care.. etc! She also covered a little section on Men's skin care!

2. As far as my diet.. 
         I am having difficulty drinking ONLY water! I do drink by far more water a day than I did previously.. but ya'll... I just really love my fruit juices!! So If I drink a glass of juice.. I make sure I follow it up with a glass of water! Hopefully that's a good balance.. right?!
        On the upside.. I am doing a really great job in watching what food's I eat! I have been sticking to my TURKEY, CHICKEN & FISH ONLY!! And I must say.. I feel much better! I've also gone the organic & cage free route when it comes to picking out my eggs and meat! I always incorporate a veggie in all my meals! The only area that needs some work is breakfast.. I rarely eat breakfast but that's a vital part of my diet.. so I plan to start eating some fresh fruits for breakfast and see how that works for me!

3. Finally... MY Hair!!!
       I've offically decided NOT to transition to  natural.. FOR NOW!! I have to learn how to manage and maintain my relaxed hair first! So with that said.. I haven't relaxed in 10 weeks.. but I plan to relax this week & then get my ends trimmed! I've come up with a good hair care regimen.. it contains weekly hot oil treatments, shampoos and deep conditions.. nightly moisturizing and sealing.. & I'm going to incorporate a mid week co-wash day bc I've realized that my hair needs a lot of moisture and a ton of babying to get it back into great shape! 

Overall this journey is a very fun process!! I've found that by taking care of my body.. it has an impact on other parts of my life in a positive way! I've been considering my spiritual health.. and my financial well being! This isn't just a health journey.. it's quickly becoming a LIFE JOURNEY!!


xxo

2 comments:

  1. Do you like the V8 Fusuion drinks? That way you can get in a serving of your fruits and veggies... My husband drinks it, but I ONLY drink water. He couldn't do the all water thing either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! I love V8 Fusion!! I love the Pineapple Mango Green Tea! Even though I might have to retire that.. I have to cut out tea (says the dentist.. shoot!) LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete